A few days ago, I was sitting in a park bench to make myself relaxed from the stressed-out office work. There were an old lady and an old man sitting together opposite to me. I noticed that the old lady was literally crying and the old man was comforting her. I really felt bad and I really wanted to help them somehow. I went near them and asked if I could give them a favour. They said, “Will you take us to see our grandson and granddaughter?”.
I could not help them in any way but I felt I made them ease. Yes, this is one of the heartbreaks to lose contact with your grandchildren. It could be of any reasons may be your children had moved away with your grandchildren to make their living or you may be separated because of any arguments or fight or family problems or they might have left you in old age homes.
The reason for not seeing the grandchildren could be anything but the result will leave you grief-stricken.
Keeping grandchildren from grandparents is really a heart-wrenching act. You should not lose your hopes while going through such a difficult situation. The important thing is that you have to live again with them and make a warm happy family.
Before that, you have to make yourself strong and overcome this. I have listed a few points using which you can overcome the hardship situation.
This also helps you to say what to do if you are not allowed to see your grandchildren.
- It is very tough to digest this kind of situation where your grandchildren leave you lonely and get separated in front of you. This might make you abruptly angry and you cannot accept the situation that they have left because you might have been left in a great shock. Do not make your anger or shock overrule you. You have to keep yourself calm and think quietly about what to be done further.
- If you feel guilty or not, feel free to apologize because your grandchildren are the important ones for you.
- You may feel hopeless and depressed which you can overcome by talking with the grandparents of your age and meditation. You can also send the cards, gift and flowers to them telling how much you care for them.
- You can also legally approach if there is a way in that. There are two laws related to this family care and child care and protection law. You may seek the help of your law advisor regarding this.
- Do not leave your emotions like jealousness and selfishness to overwhelm your thoughts. They may completely ruin your mental health instead talk to someone you trust and try to make a plan to reconcile with your grandchildren.
- Whatever happens never ever give up on your grandchildren and try to do everything that you can in order to live with them because nothing could be more hurting than losing your loved ones.
Though dealing with not seeing your grandchildren is difficult you can overcome it by believing yourself.